Our Preschool is focused on providing a wonderful learning
environment for your children. We utilize concepts from Reggio Emilia,
coupled with our own tried and true teaching methods, to maximize learning
opportunities for your child.
Some highlights of our program are:
1. We teach. You might say our motto is "playing while learning" rather
than "learning through play." We teach reading, math, science and other
subjects in a fun format with NO PRESSURE. We find children have a wonderful
curiosity and are "learning sponges" when provided the proper learning
environment. And it has to be fun. We want them to retain that natural
curiosity as they grow, so that learning will be a lifelong desire.
2. Our children don't stay in a single room all day. Each room of our
preschool is designed to provide a specific environment to stimulate your
child's curiosity. We designed our building to have tons of natural light.
Teachers rotate with their classes throughout the school during the day. We
have a dining room where our students eat "family style."
3. Supplies, whether they are Art and Crafts, Dress-up, Science, Books,
or Computers are positioned to be accessible to each child. During
free-time, your child is allowed to use any of the supplies.
4. We believe in teaching diversity and respect for others, and have
worked hard to create a wonderful, multi-cultural environment.
5. We provide inclusive services when at all possible, and work with
parents to adapt our program for their child's special needs when we can.
6. Our outdoor environment is continually being upgraded to provide a
pleasant, fun atmosphere for your children. We are located in Corrales on
approximately 1 and 1/3 acres in a charming country atmosphere.
7. Our teachers are GREAT! We focus on continuing education and as the
state requires, all of our teachers have the basic 45-hour
class. All of our teacher's also have their Child Development Associate
certificate (CDA), and our assistant directors (as well as our director) all
have their National Administrator's credential.